Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thing #18

https://www.facebook.com/pam.mark.1#!/pam.mark.1?sk=info&edit=eduwork

The reason that it is so important for educators to know how social networking works is because almost every person in the world belongs to one.  Teachers are going to hear about their students' statuses on a daily basis.  It is also good for educators to know how social networking works because they could even use social networking to keep in contact with students and parents when away from school.

I really like the social networking sites because they allow for you to keep in touch with family and friends when you don't live near them.  It is a lot easier than a phone call and a lot more fun :). 

I only belong to Facebook.  I don't really follow Twitter because I feel like it is more complex than Facebook and I am not committed enough to have a twitter account.  I am happy with Facebookbecause it is very easy to navigate and use.

I can definitely see applications such as twitter and Facebook being used in a classroom setting.  Social networking can make it easier to communicate with students, parent, and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment